Monday, April 2, 2012

Nada Mucho

What's up, people. A little more than a little has happened since my last post, but I'm too lazy to write about it.

Instead I'm just going to write about some other things, and nothing in particular.

I am still working at my part-time job. It's going ok for the most part and I've gotten used to being pretty busy during the week, although it's made any request for my time to do things that I don't absolutely want to spend it doing, feel absolutely daunting.

Some days I wish I could be a shut-in. Is that totally depressing? I'm not depressed. I just realized recently that it's hard for me at times to interact with people every single day. I need a day off. A day of talking to no one. Not constantly seeing where everyone is or what they're up to. (I'm looking at you fb/twitter/et al.). What will I do if I ever get married or have kids? I've never considered myself to be an introvert, but the older I get the less I want to be around people all the time. I'd take a quiet night at home most of the time these days over going out to some loud bar or restaurant to meet friends. They've stopped inviting me in large part, and in that I found some relief.

I tweeted this the other day: The sharing/pinning/checking in/uploading/ filtering/fbing/tweeting/commenting on/ and broadcasting everything you do in life is__________.

A friend replied: navel gazing.
('vəl-gā'zĭng)
n. Slang
Excessive introspection, self-absorption, or concentration on a single issue:

I replied back that navel gazing was too kind.

I'm looking forward to booking a flight to London for the first week in Sept. I've decided to go for my 30th birthday this year. A friend I've known for a very long time is supposed to come with. She's also turning 30 and our birthdays are are five days apart.

About that birthday. That number. 30. Some days I don't feel 30, then other days I feel like I've been 30 for the past 5 years. It's a weird feeling.

I'm seeing Radiohead and Coldplay this month. That should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, pulling back only gets more so as you get older and that's a good thing. Everyone is clamoring for our time . there are buttons to push and "likes" to register and telemarketing and on and on. I have pulled way back with dealing with it all. You have to deal at work, the rest of it is pretty optional. The people you really love will still be on your list and you theirs . ...Great you posted about this as a lot of folks are "addicted" to the new clamor and... somehow can't give themselves permission to just "SAY NO".

    ReplyDelete