At my work holiday party
I found the dress I'm wearing just a few hours before the party at a cute boutique store in my neighborhood. It was perfect for the conservative venue, but still young and fun I think.
At a festive holiday party with some of my best girlfriends
On NYE at Toulouse
On NYE at Toulouse
I was back in Seattle in time for a fun NYE party right down the street from my apartment at a spot called Toulouse Petit. I searched high and low for a NYE dress while I was home in Cali to no avail. I wound up buying this dress from Urban Outfitters at the last minute. Nothing spectacular but I liked the color.
Moving on, so I'm not big on resolutions per se, but I always like to set a few goals throughout the year.
1. My health: I don't necessarily think I'm unhealthy, but I've never taken vitamins regularly or exercised more than sporadically. I want to start running again, taking Vitamin C and a multivitamin, and ingesting probiotics diligently. Oh and how could I forget my one big food goal: eat a salad everyday!
I'm also always trying to get my skin, hair and nails in good condition — all three are a constant challenge. I'm turning the big 30 this year though and I feel like I should have a handle on these things by now!
2. Take an acting class and audition for something. I'm a huge theatre geek and loved acting in high school, but the older I got the less confident I got about my ability. Every time I see a show though I always think to myself, "That could be me!"
3. Continue to purge things from my home and life. Less stuff = more happiness. Have you seen Graham Hill's TED Talk on this? Watch it.
4. Visit my friends in Tokyo. (read: start saving like yesterday).
5. Be more introspective, starting with these.
Do you have any goals, hopes, dreams for 2012??
Happy New Year, lovelies.