1. My little sister graduated from Navy boot camp last week. She wasn't home for the holidays this year and we really missed her. I finally got to Facebook chat with her a little the other day now that she's in Pensacola, FL for "A" school and she seemed so grown up (we're 8 years apart). I'm proud of you, Nellie!
|My sister Chanel|
2. I've been ramping up on my other blog and seeing a ton of shows lately. I saw "War Horse" at The Paramount last night and I think it might be the coolest play I've ever seen! I'll be writing a review of it shortly so you can look for it here. I also got to visit the newly opened Museum of Hisotry and Industry (MOHAI) in Seattle and Chihuly Garden and Glass due to work events recently. I recommend both!
|Looking totally natural on the set of the 90s TV hit "Frasier" at MOHAI|
|At Chihuly Garden and Glass with my coworker Sarah|
3. I gave up meat and alcohol for Lent, which began yesterday. I don't practice a religion that traditionally observes it, but I like a good challenge. A couple years ago I gave up meat for Greek Orthodox Lent in solidarity with a friend and I didn't miss it; I think giving up alcohol will definitely be harder. Lent lasts for forty days, ending on Easter Sunday. I wanted a glass of wine just typing that.
4. I'm headed down to Cannon Beach, OR with a friend this weekend to see the Pacific Ocean; that was actually the stated reason for going. Just to see it. I mean, look at it.
5. I have a Valentine and I am happy about it. A hint about what we're doing tonight: