Thursday, February 21, 2013

Music and Lent

Apparently I've been sleeping on Miguel, a young, sexy R&B singer hailing from Socal. He just won a Grammy for his song "Adorn," but "Use Me," another song off of his sophomore album Kaleidoscope Dream  has got to be one of the lustiest songs to come about since  Jodeci's "Freek'n You".





I also recently discovered Mikky Ekko (like yesterday, from a blog I read), another young, soulful crooner. He's on Rhianna's new song "Stay" (watch the video) but I cannot stop listening to "Pull Me Down," a sexy lament about wanting something you know you shouldn't, i.e. trouble. I'd describe Ekko as a mix of Allen Stone, Jamie Lidell, Little Dragon and Frank Ocean.





 On Lent. I've been meat-free with ease for a week now. I don't eat
much meat to begin with, and hardly ever cook it, so giving it up completely requires mainly forethought on my part. Seattle is also a remarkably easy city to eat vegetarian in. Alcohol on the other hand...already failed! Since I failed with red wine last weekend I've modified the fast to give up everything but red wine. I mean Jesus did turn water into wine, right?





No comments:

Post a Comment