Monday, May 2, 2011

Product Review: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips




Not in love.

I seldom polish my nails other than with some clear Nutra Nail, but after reading all the rave reviews online for Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips I decided to shell out the $9 for them at Target. The prospect of not having to wait for the polish to dry and it supposedly lasting up to 10 days sold me. I chose a color called Raise a Glass which turned out to be a shimmery gold.

First thing to note, the application of these things take time. If you don't have at least 30 minutes, don't start. I kind of rushed my left hand and it did not look as good as the right. However, I also think this is just like painting your nails - one hand always looks better than the other if you are doing them yourself. Second thing, the strips don't exactly fit the nail. You can file them around the edge and trim the sides with the cuticle stick, but some just wound up kinda off. Third, as of this morning they started to lift, which led me to start peeling and picking them off. Do not do this! I can already see the damage to my nails from essentially pulling stickers off of them. The proper way to remove them is supposed to be with nail polish remover; I will try this method to get the remnants off tonight.

I applied the nail strips Friday night and as of Monday come noon, they are 75% off. I will not be buying these again. If you have the time and patience, just paint your nails the good old fashioned way. A $9 bottle of polish will get you a lot more wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment