Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lately


It's been a while, friends. Lots going on and lots to report. First up, I got a new job! After five years of working at my current job, an exciting opportunity literally landed in my inbox about a month ago.

I'm pretty passionate about the arts. I stared this blog three years ago (are you my fan?). I've been on the board of The Crew at Seattle Repertory for most of that time as well. And this past year I volunteered as an Associate for an organization called ArtsFund. I landed a position on the executive side of a nonprofit arts org and I couldn't be happier. It wasn't an easier decision however; the pay is significantly less, I have to be in the office by 8:00am, and my commute is going to be about 15 extra minutes.

I'm leaving the comforts of a decent salary, nice coworkers, 20 vacation days per year, a free buss pass and plenty of other perks that come with my gig for what I think deep down is what I should really be doing: working in the arts. I start one week from Monday and my last day at my current job is this Friday.

In other good news, I'm going to BARCELONA next month and I can't hardly wait. I'm staying mum on the details for now, but if you know me at all then you should know the likelihood of a man factoring into this equation is relatively high.

What else. My birthday is this coming Monday. I'm not much for celebrating my own self, but some wonderful friends have reached out to me this year and I've got mini-celebrations happening all over the place! An awesome dinner at Revel last night with gal friends K and Lu. A lovely new friend picked up the check today at lunch. A floating and camping trip planned for this weekend with about 12 friends. A happy hour with a surprise location planned on my actual b-day, plus my boss's annual birthday lunch—I picked Seastar—coupled with a going away party for me at work (with cake!), I will have certainly been properly fĂȘted come the actual day. I love my friends.


About that pic above, K and I ran into three, middle-aged ladies when we were leaving the Sunset Supper at The Market earlier tonight. They asked us to take their picture while donning silly poses in front of an illuminated Pike Place Market Sign, then they wanted us in the pic with them. We never got a clear answer as to why they were wearing the gowns or where the heck they were going. All they said was you shouldn't wear a wedding dress only once. I can't argue with that.

1 comment:

  1. sound great, all of your new developments, Pai. You are a real shooting star!
    I like that " you shouldn't just wear a wedding dress once. I wore mine to dance on the 4th of July celebration with the sixth Fleet Officers moored in VilleFranche a few years back. I was glad that it doesn't look much like a wedding dress and that the French Fireman's Dance band could play some decent swing so we could boogie.

    ReplyDelete